Terms and Conditions
These rules are important! By using the Site, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms. Do not use the site if you do not agree with these terms.
For Those Asking, What Is Insideelsewhere?
Insideelsewhere.com is a Website devoted to blogs about any acceptable topic for the general audience. We publish feature articles, links to things we find interesting online, podcasts, videos, and comics created by the Insideelsewhere editorial team and other invited contributors.
And Now For The Legalese:
Insideelsewhere.com grants you a personal, worldwide, royalty-free, non-assignable, and non-exclusive license to use Insideelsewhere in the manner described herein. You can read, listen to, watch, and intellectually consume everything on the Site. In exchange, we ask that you use the Site in the manner and spirit for which it was created and that you adhere to the policies that govern the Site’s use.
So in case, it is unclear, you are NOT permitted to interrupt the serving of our Site, introduce malicious code in our comment section, assist anyone in misusing the Site in any way, or use the Site to violate the law or the safety or dignity of another person in any way. It takes a lot of work to make this site run. Be cool. We can also remove the content we post on our site, without any forewarning, for any reason we choose.
Non-Commercial Sharing With Attribution
Except where indicated, Insideelsewhere.com editorial-created content is licensed under a Creative Commons License permitting non-commercial sharing with attribution. This means that you may link to it and otherwise share it, but if you do, you need to give us credit. You may not use our editorial-created content in any commercial capacity; we do this for a living. But if you have an idea for collaboration, let us know.
You Assert That You Have The Right To Publish What You Post
Anything that you submit or make available on our site is considered “User Content.” This includes comments that you write, as well as items that you upload or link to, like images, videos, graphics, audio files, text, or other works. When you make User Content available on Insideelsewhere.com, you are asserting that you have all the relevant copyright, trademark, and intellectual property rights to make that work available or have a well-reasoned belief that your republication of the work is a “fair use.” We are creators and this is very important to us. Please do not post stuff that you do not have the right to post.
You Grant Us The Right To Use Your Stuff
By submitting User Content, you grant us an unlimited license to use your content in any way we choose. This includes creative uses such as republishing the work on our ad-supported Website, forums, and elsewhere, and practical uses such as copying your content to make back-ups of it, displaying it on the website, and distributing and modifying it as needed to make the Site work. Because our servers are located remotely, and because User Content is retained indefinitely, you grant us these rights worldwide and irrevocably and agree that we don’t owe you royalties for any use of your content based on these rights.
You Grant The Community The Right To Reuse Your Stuff
Further, when you make User Content available on Insideelsewhere, you grant the world a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License to it. Be mindful of this when you post.
It should go without saying, but we’ll say it anyway as some folks seem to miss it and drag us into Federal court: this Website contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by Insideelsewhere.com. Please be aware that we, Insideelsewhere, are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. This Terms of Service applies only to this Website.
We Do Not Endorse Site Content:
Insideelsewhere takes no responsibility for, nor assumes any liability, and expressly does not endorse or share the opinion of your User Content.
Use At Your Own Risk: Indemnities And Warranties
When you create content, you are solely responsible for it and the opinions that you express are your own. You will not hold us responsible [you indemnify us] for any User Content that violates any law or infringes the rights of any third party.
In the legal world, indemnify means you agree to hold Insideelsewhere, its officers, directors, employees, and agents, harmless from and defend them against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses, and expenses, including without limitation reasonable attorney’s fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with your access to or use of the Site, Services, and all Insideelsewhere and User Content, your violation of these Terms of Service, your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any intellectual property right, publicity, confidentiality, property or privacy right.
Insideelsewhere will not be liable for any consequential, indirect, punitive or exemplary damages, whether in tort, contract, or other legal theory, arising out of or in any way connected with your use of the Insideelsewhere website, including but not limited to damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, or data.
Changes To These Terms:
We may modify our Terms at any time. If we make changes to this policy that materially alter its effect, we will make it clear to you in advance on the Insideelsewhere website.
Dmca Takedown Notice And Procedure:
Insideelsewhere respects the copyrights of others, and we ask our users to do the same. When we reproduce a copyrighted image, text, video, or music, we do so only to the extent necessary to comment upon or discuss it; or with permission from its copyright holder; and we always include a link to the original source when possible and appropriate.
We will, at our discretion, deactivate or terminate the account of any user that infringes the copyright of others.
If you believe that your copyrighted work has been copied and is accessible on Insideelsewhere in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please send a notice to our Copyright Agent providing the following information:
- The electronic or physical signature of the owner of the copyright or the person authorized to act on the owner’s behalf;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located, such as the URL where it is posted;
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Insideelsewhere’s Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached as follows:
By Email: email@example.com
Please be aware that misrepresentations of infringement can result in liability for monetary damages.
If you posted material that has been removed due to a takedown notice and you believe that the material in question is not infringing, you may file a counter notification with our Copyright Agent with the following information:
- Your physical or electronic signature.
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled.
- A statement by you, under penalty of perjury, that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.
- Your name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal district court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if your address is outside of the united states, for any judicial district in which the service provider may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification under DMCA 512 subsection (c)(1)(c) or an agent of such person.
- Be cool. Don’t post or encourage insulting, bullying, victim-blaming, racist, sexist, violent, or homophobic remarks.
- Do not make assumptions as to anyone’s mental state, race, gender, ethnicity, religious beliefs, group affiliation, or sexual orientation without corroboration.
- Stunt accounts and throwaways may live, but sock puppets, astroturfers, and spammers will die.
- Stay on topic. Don’t hijack threads, repeat yourself, post walls of text, or generic talking points.
- Constructive criticism is welcome. Hostile, whining hand-wringers will be eaten.
- Assume good faith and like the good. However, flag the bad, and avoid contentless comments.
- Don’t post e-mail addresses, phone numbers, home addresses, or URL-shortened links that obscure the target, porn, or gore.
- We politely insist you do not post stuff you do not have the right to post.
- We have the right to delete an account or content at any time for any reason. Remember to export your data right after making dodgy comments.
- Enforcement may be lax or draconian as befits the whims of the Entity. The rude will be eaten first.
- Thanks for reading. There’s more to the complete community guidelines.
Creative Commons License
The images and text on this page are licensed under a Creative Leelija License. This means you may link to it, share it, or even sell it, but must give Insideelsewhere credit when you do. Note that the rest of the site, except where noted, is published under a different creative commons license permitting only non-commercial sharing, with attribution.